Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Gallery Layout

IMPORTANT PLEASE READ

There was a bit of a problem with the measurements. We forgot to include the back door when we were figuring out the size of Whitney and Tiffany's areas, meaning there's six feet that we thought we had, but we really don't.

Here's what the setup looks like now:


I can't put any space between Whitney and Tiffany like I could with everyone else and there's only three feet between the moveable wall and the door. Obviously this is a HUGE problem. I went back and checked the measurements to make sure the numbers we has were correct and they were right.

So this is my proposed solution:


I know losing space sucks so hearing what everyone has to say for other solutions is what I need now. There is a free 6 feet next to my stuff, but that's right by the door and I don't think that Tiffany would want to be on either side of the door, cause that kind of is shitty. I can send out the .ai file if anyone wants to try and play around and figure stuff out.

Sorry everyone for not thinking about this!!

4 comments:

  1. Could we move the wall closest to the door up a bit to make more room?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think just making the front wall up 1 more foot would be the logical solution, why do we need 6 feet for an entrance?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do not be concerned with very specific measurements. Linear footage doesn't matter as much as using the space the work needs. Please design the way you would like to install your work. We will review and make adjustments. Going around the corner near the back door can work very well, so there really is no bad space.
    Caroline's drawing is a very good starting point. Keep an open mind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I kept 6 feet at the entrance to keep it from feeling cramped or too confrontational when you first walk in. This is of course something that can be changed when we are actually setting up the space.

    ReplyDelete